How many times have you caught yourself thinking of fresh pasta and where to find it in Loveland? The velvety chewy bite of delicate ribbons dressed in a light savory sauce is exactly what dreams are made of. There’s a significant difference between fresh and dried pasta in your local restaurant. Most Northern Colorado restaurants use dried pasta with only a handful making it fresh. Dried pasta has its place in hearty tomato sauced dishes, the standard classic Italian dishes you see so often like lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, and manicotti.
Fresh pasta has a lovely soft texture. Because of that tenderness, it’s a perfect base for cream-based sauces. If you’ve been craving a plate of fresh pasta, do we have a treat for you!
Every Tuesday Chef Matt has been making different pasta dishes for our menu special. Here’s a list of what we’ve served so far:
- Cavatelli with wild mache pesto and shaved manchego cheese.
- Ricotta gnocchi with Hazel Dell mushrooms and local oregano
- Ricotta cavatelli with heirloom tomato sauce, whipped lemon ricotta, arugula and garlic bread
- Pappardelle pasta with venus clams, bacon, white wine cream sauce, and lemon zest
- Ravioli stuffed with Colorado sweet corn, mascarpone cheese and truffle oil. Sautéed with bacon, hazel nuts, spinach, and brown butter
- Linguini, with mozzarella stuffed meatballs, hazelnuts, kale, parmesan and a white wine cream sauce
- Four cheese agnolotti with swiss chard and a bacon/thyme cream sauce
You might think of Next Door Food and Drink as strictly a tapas restaurant, but we like to push the envelope to surprise your tastebuds. You’ll always be able find your favorite delicious bacon wrapped dates and stuffed peppadew peppers… right next to some fantastic fresh pasta entrees. Be sure to pair it with your favorite wine for the most well-rounded culinary experience in Loveland!